Thursday, March 8th
Join us for an evening of dining and toasting to new beginnings! Braden Lodge will be hosting a Table Lodge at the Arcana building on Thursday, March 8th. A seven course dinner will be served at 7:30 with appetizers beforehand. The cost is $15/person or $25/couple.
Starting in March, Braden will be hosting a Pizza Pub Quiz at the Arcana Lodge Building the second Friday of every month starting March 9th. It will be $10/person but will include all of the pizza and popcorn you can eat (and our chef has some pretty good pizza!). The doors open at 6pm and then at 7pm we start our 6 round Pub Quiz. You can have teams of up to 6 players and no using your phones or other devices to look things up! We'll have some modest prizes for the top three teams, but it's really about the glory, is it not? Our trivia will include a current events round, picture round, secret theme round, "mega question" round, music round, and a general trivia round. We promise you won't be disappointed so come check it out!
Como Park Roast Beef Dinner
Contrary to what the title may suggest, we're not actually making roast beef in Como Park. Rather we're carrying on the tradition of the old Como Park Lodge Roast Beef Dinner on Palm Sunday, March 25th. For just $10 you can get all you can eat roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a vegetable. We'll also have some bread and a dessert. So come out and join us between 11am and 2pm
This year A Bump in the Night will ask you to solve a different puzzle - Whodunnit? Journey back to the days of Sherlock Holmes and join us at the James J Hill House in St. Paul for dinner and a murder. The evening will start off at 6pm with a happy hour followed by a formal dinner in the mansion. But then, there will be a Bump in the Night when a body is discovered. Who could have committed such a foul deed? The local constabulary can narrow it down to half a dozen or so, but then it is up to you to examine the scene for clues and question the suspects. Can you finger the guilty party? Tickets will be $100 and will include dinner. Formal/Victorian attire required.
- Saturday, April 21st - We'll take a trip to Como Zoo. We'll meet at noon at the Conservatory and then go explore the zoo. Depending on the weather, we can either grill out afterwards or visit Snuffy's Malt Shop afterwards.
- Saturday, June 23rd - Let's do some mini-golf! We'll play a round of mini-golf (location TBD depending on where we can get a good deal). Afterwards we can head to a park and have a picnic for lunch.
- Saturday, Auguest 4th - We'll be making a trip out to the ali-Hi drive-in theater in Lake Elmo. If we get out there early we can park together and actually set up a barbecue and make dinner. We can also bring a stereo and watch the movie outdoors if it's warm enough.
- Saturday, October 20th - Fall is a great time to go on a hayride. Location and time TBD. After the hayride we can find a place to warm up again with some food and hot cider.
- Saturday, December 15th - Let's join Arcana Lodge for their annual Breakfast with Santa! It runs all morning and includes all the pancakes, eggs, and sausages you want for $8. Plus, Santa will be there!
A Bump in the Night
Murder at the Hill House
This event is a fundraiser for the Braden Lodge Scholarship and Brotherly Relief funds
Fellowship Nights & Dinner
Braden meets on all other Thursday nights except major holidays for Fellowship. The evening starts with dinner served around 7:30pm (a $5 donation is requested for food and coffee, and soft drinks are sold for $1.) A vegetarian option is available. Afterwards, we drink coffee or soft drinks, play pool or foosball, card and board games, and above all -- we talk, getting to know our Brothers and build our community.
This year at Braden we want to expand our fellowship to include not just the brothers of Braden, but their families as well. Consequently we are planning a series of events that include spouses and kids.
Braden meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of most months, meeting only on the 3rd Thursday in July and August. Meetings begin at 7:30pm and take place on the 3rd degree with a few exceptions during degree cycles.
The Socrates' Café is where you will find food for the mind. It is a moderated group discussion topic on a subject that focuses on how Masons interact with the world at large. Topics can range from practical discussions, such as how to maintain privacy on Facebook, to more esoteric topics, like what are the working tools of your own profession and what allegorical lessons can you derive from them? Socrates' Café is held at 8:30pm during designated Fellowship Nights (see Calendar or Trestle Board for scheduled dates.) This event is open to all Masons as well as prospective members.